For those of you who live in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area, you’ve probably grown accustomed to the colder weather that sweeps the state during the winter months. Despite this, there’s still lots of fun to be had outdoors. Whether you enjoy playing in the snow or appreciate the feeling of flying across the ice on a skating rink, there’s plenty of reasons to put on a thick coat and enjoy the snowy outdoors.
If you’ve never visited the MassMutual Pittsburgh Ice Rink at PPG Place, now is the time. Take your family to have a fun adventure at the ice rink this holiday season. Keep reading to learn more!
About the Ice Rink
The ice rink is a one-of-a-kind outdoor ice skating rink that is 116 ft x 116 ft and can hold up to 700 pairs of skates. In fact, the ice rink is two-thirds the size of a hockey rink. You’ll find the rink located at PPG Place at 1 PPG Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15272. Bring your friends or a large group to skate across the ice today!
Hours of Operation
The hours of operation for the skating rink change due to the holidays. Below, we’ve taken a closer look at the hours in which you can visit the ice rink. The holiday hours from November 22 to January 1 are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to Midnight
- Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The special holiday hours include the following:
- Christmas Eve: Tuesday, December 24 from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Christmas Day: Wednesday, December 25 from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve: Tuesday, December 31 from 11:00 a.m. to Midnight
- New Year’s Day: Wednesday, January 1 from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
After the holidays have ended, you and your friends can still visit the ice rink from January 2 until March 1, 2020.
You might also like: Discover The Best Holiday Cookie Recipes
Price of Admission
The cost of admission is as follows:
- Adults ages 13-49: $10
- Children ages 12 and under: $9
- Seniors ages 50 and up: $9
- Military with ID: $9
- Skate Rental: $4 (sizes 9 Jr to 13)
- Lockers: 50 cents (one-time use)
For those of you skating in groups, be sure to contact (412) 394-3641. The PPG Place offers group discounts and you’ll want to take advantage of the cheaper rates! If you’re making this holiday season more about experiences than gifts, spending some time on the ice rink with your loved ones will definitely be a memory they won’t forget anytime soon. Have a great holiday season with your family and make some magical memories!